The Alice Springs Art Foundation (ASAF) is a not-for-profit membership organisation. It runs the Alice Prize, a national contemporary art prize that every two years brings art from around Australia to the central desert for the benefit of remote residents. The ASAF is run by volunteers, in collaboration with the Araluen Arts Centre.
The Alice Prize exhibition and acquisition of winner’s work is funded partially by a bequest made in 2000, and partially from the contributions of sponsors, Government grants, membership and donors. The collection of acquisitions since 1970 is now a rich resource for the community, with diverse and major artists represented, many of whom were first recognised through the Alice Prize.
- 1 yr membership 2018-19 $25.00
- 5 yr membership (1 year free) 2018-2023 $100.00
Benefits of membership
- Supporting a volunteer organisation to run the Alice Prize
- AGM voting rights
- Invitations to pre-event talks
- Invitations to dinner with artists and judges
- e-bulletins & email invitations to special events.
Please consider making a donation along with your membership payment. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. The ASAF is listed on the Register of Cultural Organisations (RoCO), which allows us to receive tax-deductible donations. All monies raised will go to supporting the Alice Prize.